I have come to notice that there is a lack of movie etiquette these days. People don't seem to whisper during the movie anymore, they talk in their normal voice when the movie is on. They don't turn off their cell phones or put them on vibrate even when given a reminder to do so before the movie begins.
We have gotten to the point that if the people behind us talk during a movie, we just move to another seat. Yesterday we went to see the movie Gran Torino. Great movie!, if you can let yourself get past the F-bombs. I am not a Clint Eastwood fan but loved him in this movie. It has a truly great message, I digres....
We get to the movie just as it is starting. I sit down in my chair and it is one of those chairs that leans back (we were at the Rave). So, when I sit down and sit back in my chair it hits the foot of the girl behind me (purely accidental of course), well, she then kicks the back of my chair. I was so aggravated and at first thought "just let it go", then I thought "heck no, I am so tired of ill-mannered people", so I turn around look at her and say "Really, Really" in a plenty sarcastic tone. She didn't say anything or even acknowledged me but I was ready to "throw down" with her. I know that all sounds crazy, but I would just appreciate some movie/common courtesy!!!
The Psychology and Spirituality of Tears
5 hours ago
4 comments:
Oh dang! Margo's gettin crazy at the movies!! I get annoyed at the movies too - the newest is def. the texting where you see all these little lit up screens throughout the movie...
Dude if she knew you, she would know not to mess with you. You're one tough girl! :)
watch out! sounds like things are getting crazy in your theaters. try going to watch twilight with a zillion teenaged girls swooning every two seconds! i just couldn't stop laughing!
did you make it home ok? i miss you already! i had such a great time with you and hope to see you soon!
Post a Comment