Tonite was meet the teacher nite and I am so excited! After cleaning my room like I did when I was eight (only this time instead of throwing things under my bed, I threw them in the closest closet and hoped no one would open it), I was ready to meet the kiddos. And I have to say that I am excited at the prospect of who I will mold these students into! Since I subbed in their classes, I know over half of them already so that puts me on a little bit higher playing field, which I am so glad for! One of them was so excited that I was her teacher, she came in and gave me a big hug then proceeded to give me a picture of herself. What else says "I'm so glad you're my teacher", now have a picture of me just in case you forget who I am over the weekend!! It's going to be a good year. I know there will be days that I want to run out of the portable naked with my hair on fire....but there will be those days that all is well and their accomplishments will meet our greatest expectations. Ahhh, school, wonderful school! I'm so happy it's here! ~ Just not happy that I have to get up early to get there ; )
The Christian Realism of Bram Stoker's Dracula
3 hours ago
2 comments:
Margo, remind me tomorrow. I have an 8 X 10 glossy photo of myself that I wanted to give to you.
The other day in your office I might have been glossy-eyed and had the dear-in-the-headlight look b/c I feel like a brand new teacher again, overwhelmed with information and what I need to get done! I might need that pic to help jog my mind as to what went on in our meetings! ; )
Post a Comment